The story about the boy that dropped his nap
So rather helpfully Pippin has decided now, one week before All By Mama's launch, that he will drop his lunchtime nap.
This is what happens when I try and get him to nap in the day!
So instead of having two hours to get some work done I have a just turned two year old to entertain, who by 4pm is extremely overtired and in meltdown mode. It does mean 6pm bed time though - WIN.
So, we've been having lots of cuddles and reading lots of books (when I can prise him away from Peppa Pig on the iPad that is) for some 'quiet time' since the nap is no more and I thought it would be nice to share our 10 favourites.
PIPPIN AND MUMMY'S FAVOURITE STORIES:
1. The Tiger Who Came to Tea, Judith Kerr
We love this one and Pippin's cousin is called Sophie so he thinks it is all about her which is so sweet.
2. We're going on a bear hunt, Michael Rosin and Helen Oxenbury
Gorgeous story and great repetition means that Pippin can really get to know the story.
3. The Snail and the Whale, Julia Donaldson
I find this story quite magical, I want to be the snail!
4. Each Peach Pear Plum, Janet and Allan Ahlberg
Love the eye spy and all the rhyming. Pippin shouts out who is coming next - very sweet.
5. Meg and Mog, Helen Nicoll and Jan Pienkowski
We have a set of ten and they are wonderfully colourful and easy to read.
6. Dogger, Shirley Hughes
This was recommended to me by a friend and he absolutely loves it!
7. How to catch a star, Oliver Jeffers
It features a rocket. Enough said.
8. Dinosaurs in the Supermarket, Timothy Knapman and Sarah Warburton
Pippin is just getting in to dinosaurs and this is a really cute book with some eye spy opportunities!
9. A Squash and a Squeeze, Julia Donaldson
There is a really lovely moral to this story but I think he likes it for the farm animals!
10. Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?, Eric Carle
Pippin is loving learning his colours and this is a really fun way of helping him.